Whenever you plan for website development for yourself or for your clients, the first questions comes in mind that which platforms to choose. You may go with website builders or choose a content management system (CMS). The best websites today is built using a CMS. CMS allows you to manage your website easily without changing a single line of codes.
Now again the question is “Which CMS to choose?” or “Which is the best CMS available today?“
If you are planning for website development and wants to get a new, powerful website today, you may choose one of these top three CMS available today, WordPress, Drupal and Joomla. All these CMS are easy-to-use and offers great features and tons of customization.
A good CMS should be easy-to-use, SEO friendly, flexible and should offer strong security to your website. Having all these things built in these CMS makes these CMS most popular among the users.
Choosing the right CMS for your website is really difficult, as all of these are good and suits for some specific types of website. Let’s do a comparison to find the best CMS for your website.
WordPress vs Drupal vs Joomla Comparison Chart 2019
SHARE THIS CMS COMPARISON ON YOUR WEBSITE
<!--Copy & Paste This Code Into Your Website or Post--><h3>CMS Comparison – WordPress vs Joomla vs Drupal</h3><a href="https://www.digitaladquest.com/cms-comparison-wordpress-vs-joomla-vs-drupal/"><img src="https://res.cloudinary.com/dpm9eb99t/image/upload/v1554296383/CMS-Comparison-Wordpress-Vs-Drupal-Vs-Joomla_cgaruk.jpg" alt="WordPress vs Drupal vs Joomla Comparison Chart" width="100%" height="100%"></a><br /><p><strong>Infographic via the team at <a href="https://www.digitaladquest.com/">Digital Ad Quest</a></strong></p>
Now let’s get into the detailed review:
WordPress is the most popular CMS among the three. It powers almost one fourth of the websites in the world. WordPress was started as a blogging platform in 2003, but today it can be used for making any kind of website. WordPress is most suited for the corporate websites and blogs etc.
Why Choose WordPress?
1. Easy-To-Use: WordPress is the most easiest to manage, it does not require any kind of technical expertise. Even a non-technical person can manage a WordPress website efficiently.
2. Customization: WordPress has a large number of Free Themes and Plugins as compared to the Drupal and Joomla. With WordPress, you can customize your website, the way you want.
3. SEO Friendly: WordPress is SEO Friendly, even search engines love the website built using WordPress. Also with the available SEO Plugins, you can write a great copy that gets ranked easily at the top in the search engine result pages.
4. Community: WordPress is an open source software and has great community support. So, if you get stuck somewhere in between, you can always take the help from the expert WordPress community.
Get A Fully Dynamic, SEO Friendly Responsive WordPress Website At Just Rs. 8999 Only, Read More. Free Web Hosting, Emails, 12 Month Support & Training.
Drupal is the 3rd most popular CMS platform among the three. Drupal requires technical expertise in installing and managing a website. Drupal is most suited for the large and complex websites, such as E-Commerce Websites, Social Network Sites etc.
Why Choose Drupal?
1. Advanced: Drupal is technically advanced as compared to the other two and thus it provides some great features and functionality. But the drawback here is that it requires more technical expertise as well. You should be well versed with HTML, CSS, PHP, etc to manage and customize a website built using this CMS.
2. Secure: Drupal provides strong security to the website. Website built with Drupal is more secured as compared to WordPress. This is why it is used in most commercial websites.
3. Customization: Drupal also have lots of themes and plugins, which helps you customize your website the way you want. But remember it requires a bit of technical knowledge to do so.
4. Community: Drupal is also an open source software having great community support. So you won’t be left alone in case you need any help with Drupal.
Joomla is the 2nd most popular CMS platfom available today. It stands somewhere in between WordPress and Drupal when it comes to technicalities. With Joomla, you can create some advanced website, like E-Commerce Website or big corporate websites.
Joomla is also an open source software having its own community support. It also offers great customization with the available themes and plugins.
Here is our take, We recommend you to go with WordPress if you are a beginner and wants to create a small to mid-size websites (We have used WordPress in creating this website). You can opt for Drupal or Joomla if you have the technical knowledge and wants to create a more advanced and secure website.
Do let us know what’s your choice, in the comment section below.